We are hiring an executive director. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com
Executive Director Job Description
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for SIBA nonprofit’s staff, programs, expansion and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of the field, core programs, operations, and business plans and assume responsibility for the targets of the organization set with the Board of Directors. (Reference Annual Plan Slide-Deck)
Vision – Deliver a unique and quality service to the SIBA stakeholders globally.
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Contract – At will
- Objectives (2018)
- Achieve financial target of $1M in funding,
Drive membership up to 1000 members
Oversee the establishment of 10 chapters
Document policies & procedures
Oversee the development of the membership database
Achieve KPI provided by the board for 2018
Build the end of year report and 2019 financial projections
Leadership & Management
Overall – Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
Community Engagement – Actively engage and energize 5,000 member prospects, volunteers, board members, event committees, advisors, partnering organizations, chapters and funders.
Board Engagement – Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national & international rollout. Working with board chair(s) on strategic direction of the organization and recruiting and developing an effective board.
Team Engagement – Recruit, lead, coach, develop, and retain 4 high-performance senior management team members and 4 Program management team members.
Support Systems – Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Succession Planning – Develop effective policies and procedures, orientation, training & documentation for succession planning across all roles of the organization.
Fundraising & Communications
Expand local revenue generation and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion while simultaneously building an endowment.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence and traditional media to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business
Design the expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets and deepening the engagement within current markets.
- Scale up partnerships across markets, establishing relationships with the funders, business, policy and community leaders at each expansion site.
- Be an external local and international presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to SIBA’s mission. Demonstrate proven track record in leadership, coaching and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Advanced degree, ideally an MBA, International Affairs or equivalent, with at least 10 years of senior management experience in the Public Relations, non-profit administration; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance-and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Experience with Multinational Nonprofit Organizations.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Good knowledge of international organization who serve as a main source of funding and engage with them in a manner aligned with SIBA’s mission
- Familiarity with the Syrian state of affairs, its influence on the Syrian business community in the diaspora.
- Familiar with the Syrian business community, its strength and weaknesses and its different dimensions.